JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP (11 – 17 years old)
Metropolitan Pistol Club encourages Junior pistol shooters wanting to join the sport, so Junior membership is free. Note that a minor cannot possess a firearm, until they can hold an adult licence.
The requirements for applying for a Junior Membership is as follows:
1. Download and complete form QP515 Application for Statement of Eligibility from the QPS website or a police station, to ensure you are a fit and proper person to hold a license. Click here for further reading regarding requirements for minors’ licence eligibility requirements.
2. In addition, please prepare:
- Proof of address (letter from parent/guardian)
- A copy of birth certificate or passport or learners permit (for proof of age)
- Letter from Parent/Guardian permitting Junior to apply for licence
3. Then submit your completed application and paperwork into police at Police Station.
4. When a ‘Form 36’ is received by applicant from the Police, you can now apply to join Metro Pistol Club.
Metropolitan Pistol Club requirements:
- birth certificate, passport or learner’s permit (for proof of age)
- letter from Parent/Guardian approving membership application
- two character references
- contact the Secretary regarding a time to meet
From there, the steps are the same as for an adult, depending on whether the Junior will be applying for an H Licence, or an A/B Licence.